Here are some hotels across the country that will welcome your dog with open arms (you don’t have to sneak him in anymore) and other Internet resources that can help you plan your pet-friendly trip with the entire family:
- Best Western: There are more than 1,900 Best Western hotels that allow pets. If pets are allowed, there is usually a maximum weight enforced, along with a pet fee which is usually $25 and up for each pet, each night — non-refundable.
- Courtyard by Marriott: Over 900 Courtyard by Marriott hotels allow pets. Pet sanitation fees can be $100 or more.
- Crowne Plaza: These upscale hotels allow pets in many locations. The Hamilton Crowne Plaza in Washington, DC allows pets, but charges $250 per pet, per stay.
- Choice Hotels: Choice Hotels offer a variety of affordable hotel chains across the world and allow pets at many of them. Their brands include Cambria Suites, Clarion, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Econo Lodge, Quality, MainStay Suites, Rodeway Inn, Sleep Inn, and Suburban. The Quality Inn in Pasadena, CA allows pets and charges a $20 fee per pet, per night.
- Holiday Inn: Like Crowne Plaze, Holiday Inn chains are part of the IC Hotels Group, and allow pets at many destinations. At the Holiday Inn at Sea-Tac Airport in Seattle, pets weighing no more than 20 pounds are allowed (one pet per room) with a charge of a $20 fee per stay.
- La Quinta Inn and Suites: With over 100 locations that allow pets across the country, La Quinta Inn and Suites is a favorite destination for travelers with pets. Many of the locations allow all domestic pets without restrictions! This is where I’m going if the family and I ever travel with our Rottweiler and Cane Corso.
- Trips with Pets: Trips with Pets is a comprehensive website that allows you to search pet-friendly hotels and vacation rentals. You can also search for pet-friendly beaches, eateries and parks. It also offers tips on traveling with pets by car and by plane.
- Healthy Pet: You can search for animal hospitals and pet articles at this website.
- Animal Law: Here you can easily what each state’s leash laws are. You can also familiarize yourself with other pet laws with regards to animal cruelty and constitutional laws.
Always check with the specific airline, car rental depot, and hotel to find out more information regarding their pet guidelines. Most likely, hotels will frown upon the two German Shepherds you bring in. If you’re traveling by car, make sure your you bring plenty of water.
Be smart when traveling with your pets. Make sure they are comfortable and well-cared for, since they are a part of your family.